10. Woodstock '94
Fun in the mud.
9. Chinatown, NYC for Chinese New Year
See for yourself-next to the last page of the book.
8. The Mall in DC
For our national security, details omitted.
7. Lake Powell, Arizona
Two words: eye candy.
6. Central Park, NYC
The best people watching in the US.
5. Golf and strip clubs at Myrtle Beach
Really nothing else to do down there.
4. Trastevere, Roma
If you're in with the locals, the hash is quite good.
3. Red Sox/Yanks in a luxury box at Fenway
Clancy is the Sox fan, Winter is the Yanks fan. Sox won.
Although Mr Winter doesn't remember too much about the trip.
Doesn't get any better than the city of sin.
10. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones
The Stones at their best.
9. LA Woman, The Doors
Jim singing the blues.
8. Joshua Tree, U2
Outside it's America…
7. Quadrophenia, The Who
Rebellion and anarchy
6. Revolver, The Beatles
No drug influence going on here
5. Bitches Brew, Miles Davis
Mind altering and inspirational jazz; Roll another…
4. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix
No explanation necessary. Hendrix was THE guitar god (sorry Clapton)
3. Nevermind, Nirvana
The most influential and significant album of my lifetime.
2. Exodus, Catch A Fire and Rebel Music, Bob Marley and The Wailers
Because one Bob album isn't enough, The music of the revolution.
1. Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
Pack the bong!
10. Daydream Nation, Sonic Youth
Daydream days in a daydream nation…
9. Dirt, Alice in Chains
Poor Layne Staley, his lyrics were too real
8. Angel Dust and The Real Thing, Faith No More
Couldn't choose just one. Have seen Faith 7 times.
7. Odelay, Beck
I would be willing to bet Beck likes his pot.
6. The Fragile, NIN
Can't get enough of Trent.
5. Aenima, Tool
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away…
4. Master of Puppets, Metallica
Long live Cliff!
3. Ten, Pearl Jam
Late night drinking and bong hits at 1721 and 1863 Comm Ave in '91
2. Ritual de la Habitual, Jane's Addiction
Almost as influential as Nevermind. Perry was a genius.
1. Nevermind, Nirvana
Load up on drugs and kill your friends…
10. Blunted on Reality, The Fugees
Maybe the best title of any album ever.
9. Stankonia, Outkast
All aboard the Stankonia express…
8. It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Public Enemy
Years ahead of its time.
7. Chronic 2001, Dr. Dre
Crazy mother fuckers forgot about Dre…
6. Black On Both Sides, Mos Def
Possibly the most intelligent collection of rap lyrics.
5. Check Your Head, The Beastie Boys
Didn't know we could play instruments, huh?
4. Straight Outta Compton, NWA
The birth of West Coast gangsta rap.
3. Doggystyle, Snoop Doggy Dogg
Smokin' endo sippin' on gin and juice, Laid back.
2. The Score, The Fugees
Truly an all around musical masterpiece.
1. The Chronic, Dr. Dre
Rap and chronic don't get any better than this.
My criteria for this list is simple: if I'm watching TV, and one of these movies
are on, odds are I'm watching it. And after the first five or six, the order is much
more random than the actual structure of the list would suggest.
30. Boogie Nights. Who cares if it's three hours? Heather Graham is a favorite.
29. The Usual Suspects. Great suspense even if you already know the ending.
28. Rocky. Hard to separate the original from the franchise.
27. Gladiator. Russell Crowe at his best.
26. The Shining. This is one of the best SOUNDING movies ever.
25. Pride of the Yankees. "Today… I consider myself…"
24. Raiders of the Lost Ark. Mr. Spielberg is the best storyteller on the planet.
23. Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Mr. Spielberg is the best storyteller on the planet.
22. Dances with Wolves. Great film, would be higher if I'd seen it recently.
21. The Terminator. "He will find you. That's what he does. THAT'S ALL HE DOES!"
20. Glory. Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman and Andre Braugher. Top shelf.
19. Field of Dreams. Was higher until Costner did For the Love of the Game.
18. On the Waterfront. My father's favorite movie, and now I finally appreciate it, too.
17. Saving Private Ryan. Mr. Spielberg is the best storyteller on the planet.
16. The Matrix. This is just a cool movie.
15. It's a Wonderful Life. "Merry Christmas movie house!!!" My best imitation.
14. Alien. The whole series is awesome. Even Roc was good in the third one.
13. Austin Powers. One of few comedies on the list-that's staying power, baby.
12. Being John Malkovich. A GREAT concept, brilliantly executed. The NJ turnpike is hilarious.
11. Goodfellas. My Italian heritage wouldn't permit me to omit this classic.
10. Casablanca. The ultimate underdog movie. And Ingrid Bergman….
9. Twelve Angry Men. Complex simplicity, and great casting.
8. JFK. Oliver Stone's masterpiece. Sucks me in every time.
7. Apocalypse Now. More because Heart of Darkness is my favorite book.
6. The Godfather. My Italian heritage wouldn't permit me to omit this classic.
5. Shawshank Redemption. The ultimate underdog movie. Morgan Freeman is a god.
4. Pulp Fiction. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides…"
3. Braveheart. The ultimate underdog movie. Inspirational doesn't give it justice.
2. Jaws. My worst fears involve darkness, deep water and a big fish.
1. Star Wars. It's impossible to underestimate the significance of this movie on my life.
Wasn't this supposed to be a top ten list? I'm sure I've got some glaring omissions,
but bear with me. It's late and I'm high.
10. play with Coco-Bean-she's always stoned
9. go skiing-the pot makes it even better
8. play cards-no one is sober at our poker games
7. eat some good fats-who doesn't get the munchies?
6. see a band, preferably one that has good visuals like Tool
5. take some whacked photos-how'd you think we made the book?
4. play golf-the lure of a hole in one is overwhelming
3. listen to Bob Marley-no music is better when high
2. sex-any volunteers?
1. smoke another joint-one can never be too high
10. Angelina Jolie
Sure she's whacked, but so are we.
9. Mia Hamm
Winter and Clancy both played soccer.
8. Gwen Stefani
Coolest woman in rock
7. Jenna Jameson
A porn star needs to be on this list.
6. Cameron Diaz
There's just something about Mary
5. Britney Spears
4. Elizabeth Hurley
Would ya? Yeahhh baby!
3. Jennifer Aniston
Brad is a very lucky man.
2. Anna Kournikova
Mr Clancy's #1 Choice
1. Laetitia Costa
Mr Winter's #1 Choice
More to come...